Brought to you by I Heard The People Say. You can watch it live at A Traditional Life Lived
It’s time for a change in politics as usual, because it’s no longer politics as usual!
Freedom Fights, Missouri’s largest candidate fair, will be held on Sunday, June 27, 2010, 12 noon – 5 pm, at the St. Charles Convention Center. You will not want to miss this event! Informative and engaging? Yes! Boring and stuffy? No!
We will be broadcasting LIVE all day from this event starting at noon CST. JOIN US!
Paul Curtman leads the crowd in the Pledge of Allegiance; Jackie Smith sings the National Anthem
Kevin Jackson, emcee, gets things rolling!
Round 1A: Gary Fuhr, Marsha Haefner, Dan Johnson, Jerry Little, Rich Magee, Cindy McGee, and William Spaits
1. What is 1st Priority of legislation if elected!
- State Sovereignty
- We’re not stupid in Missouri; we KNOW how to live w/o government interference
2. Should science classes in MO include competing theories including intelligetn design
- In many areas of science we don’t exactly know all the answers, so we must explore all answers
- Give the children ALL information
- We need to learn both
- Need guidelines and parameters for teachers so we’re not just teaching what the one teacher happens to believe
- Global warming is a prime example of ‘settled’ science that is debunked; much like we don’t have all the answers on Evolution!
Lots of Yes/No Questions and the end of Round 1A
Round 1B: Sue Allen, Richard Blowers, Patrick Brennan, Kathie Conway, Paul Curtman, Dave Evans, Kurt Bahr, Curtis Farber, Al Faulstich
1. Do you think illegal immigrants already working here should be provided health care
- No, deport illegal immigrants and wipe out unemployment
- Illegal means illegal; root out folks here illegally; enforce existing law
- Enforce border security
- Only enough to stabilize them to send them where they came from
- Undermines rule of law; would just subsidize more illegal immigration
2. Why are you running for office?
- I value freedom, liberty, and small government… …even Republicans
- Inalienable rights; life, liberty and happiness
- Involved in campaigns since 12yo; not a politician nor career politician; come home and live under laws I help pass
- I grew up w/ opportunity; I don’t see that being there for my kids and grandkids
- Running for re-election because we haven’t finished the work; I am a citizen legislator serving all citizens of Missouri
- Fed up w/ what’s going on in Federal government for years, and maybe I can make a difference in Missouri
More Yes/No Questions for Round 1B
Intermission: Jay Stewart talking with the crowd and giving away prizes. 1st ticket… …702249. WINNER!
Round 2: John Wayne Tucker, Candice Britton, Robyn Hamlin, Edward Crim, Martin Baker, Scott Rupp, Cynthia Davis
1. Why are you running for office?
- We want our government back
- Tired of calling representative and not hearing back… …decided to take the calls herself
- To ensure we Audit the Fed!
- State problems mirror Fed problems in the Senate
2. Would you favor a law similar to AZ SB1070
- Yes, we’ve passed a law similar to SB1070 already and banned sanctuary cities
- Sponsored laws to require drivers license test in English only
- Stop anchor babies.
- Stop the student visas that stay past their visa expiration
- An illegal alien has invaded our country. No amnesty.
Senate Lightning Round
After the intermission, Senator Jim Lembke now speaking on State Sovereignty! Jefferson, Adams, Franklin vs. Pelosi, Reid, Franken?!?!? How have we let our standards fall so low! Carries the MO State Constitution and Paul Curtman’s Don’t Tread On Me. How many people knew there was a Preamble to the Bill of Rights? (very few)
“THE Conventions of a number of the States having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best insure the beneficent ends of its institution
RESOLVED by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, two thirds of both Houses concurring, that the following Articles be proposed to the Legislatures of the several States, as Amendments to the Constitution of the United States, all or any of which Articles, when ratified by three fourths of the said Legislatures, to be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of the said Constitution; viz.:
ARTICLES in addition to, and Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America, proposed by Congress, and ratified by the Legislatures of the several States, pursuant to the fifth Article of the original Constitution.”
Health Care Freedom Act:
Some asked if it was a waste of the Taxpayers time! Part of my job is to protect your freedom to have or not have private / public insurance!
Round 3: Charles Baum, Allen Icet, Tom Schweich, Tony Laszacs, Hector Maldenado, Joe Martenello, Kristi Nichols, Chuck Purgason, Cisse Spragins, and Mike Vontz!!
First, 2 minutes for each candidate to give their name, office candidacy, and give a bit of a stump speech!
1. Would you rather go hunting with Cheney or driving w/ Ted Kennedy!
Now the real first question…
1. What is the best way to create jobs
- Government doesn’t create anything but government jobs.
- Cut taxes / Cut regulation
- Country built on idea that hard work makes you money that you get to keep
- Get rid of H1B visas that take away U.S. jobs
- Fair Tax / Eliminate IRS / Jobs
- If you don’t cut spending, you don’t solve the problem!
2. How do you feel about the AZ law and how would you apply it to Missouri
- Stop the Welfare and you stop the Magnet
- MO already passed some bills and went beyond what AZ has done. Columbia was a sanctuary city and eliminated those.
- The Federal government needs to do their job and follow the Constitution
- Salute to Jan Brewer for standing up against the Federal Government. Hope it catches on.
Time for the lightning round
And, that’s a wrap. We have a few prizes to give away, and we’ll call it a night.
It was a great event; thanks to Annette, Margaret, and all who helped organize the event!