This morning, I stopped by McArthur’s Bakery on Lemay in south St. Louis County this morning to drop off some more TP for the Troops .
I looked into the bin and smiled as I noticed another batch of toilet paper in there. But, I quickly realized it was the same TP (and other supplies) that I dropped off last Wednesday… …with nothing between those supplies and what I was dropping off this morning.
I know we’re all busy working hard to get great conservatives elected, but imagine going a couple of days without toilet paper or other supplies we are accustomed to at home.
So, I’m asking you to think about the list below the next time you go to the store, and if you can, pick up a couple of items on the list. If you don’t have time to get it to the bakery, let me know, and I will pick it up from you (if your are somewhere in the St. Louis / Cape Girardeau corridor).
There is also information below on how to send it yourself!
Thanks and God Bless!
Any item that can be sent as a travel-size and Small packages of individual wrapped snacks are portable and stay fresher longer. And fit in their Back Packs better.
(Items in RED are needed most)
- Baby Wipes/cleansing wipes
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes
- Shampoo, deodorant, lotion
- Soap, Anti-bacterial soap
- Waterless soap, liquid body wash
- Hand sanitizer
- Shaving cream, disposable razors
- Electric razors, battery-operated razors
- Toilet Paper (unfolded and in zip-loc bags)
- Kleenex (Travel size packets)
- Eyeglass wipes Eyeglass case
- Sun block, Aloe Vera
- Throat Lozenges, cough drops
- Gum, Lifesavers, Mints
- Eye Drops
- Blistex, Chap Stick, Vaseline, Carmex
- Aspirin, Motrin, Tylenol, Pain Relievers
- Saline spray/drops for nasal passages
- Jock itch spray
- Boot liners/insoles, moleskin
- Lotrimin AF for athlete’s foot
- Foot Powder, Shower-to-Shower Powder
- Laundry soap (tablets)
- Envelopes, paper, pens
- Small pads of paper
- Pre-addressed labels and/or envelopes
- Notebooks (a size they can keep in a pocket)
- Single-use Cameras
- Photos from home
- Batteries (AA, AAA, C)
- Duct tape: military green, tan, black, gray
- Super Glue, Electrical tape
- Flashlight with a red lens
- 1 and 2-gallon zip lock plastic bags
- Bungee cords
- Sunglasses, Goggle-type sunglasses
- Socks, Socks, Socks, (white are acceptable)
- Underwear, T-shirts
- Green T-shirts, White T-Shirts
- Frisbee, Nerf Football, Hacky Sack
- Decks of cards, Hand-held games
- Music CDs, Video Game CDs for laptop computers
- Coffee, tea, hot cocoa mix
- Pre-sweetened Drink mix Packets
- Tang drink mix, Gatorade powder (single serving packages)
- Cookies, Homemade Cookies
- Candy, Candy bars
NUTS, TRAILMIX, BARS
- Small bags of snacks or individually wrapped snacks
- Peanuts, Trail mix
- Power bars, Protein Bars, Nutritional Bars
- Breakfast bars, Pop Tarts, granola bars
- Pringles, Torengos (nacho chips in a Pringles-type can)
- Canned nacho cheese dip and salsa (not in a glass jar)
- Jalapeño Velveeta cheese
- Crackers, flavored Snack Crackers
- Peanut Butter
- Gardetti’s Snack Mix, Bagel Chips
(Pork and Pork by-products are NOT allowed to be shipped to Middle East locations)
- Beef jerky, Slim Jims (certified and labeled USDA Grade A)
- Beef summer sausage (certified and labeled USDA Grade A)
- Canned Ravioli/Spaghetti, canned soups
- Styrofoam Cup Ravioli/Spaghetti, Meals
- Ramen Noodles
- Tuna salad lunch kits, Tuna in a pouch, Canned Tuna
- Canned Sardines” Smoked Oysters, Smoked Clams
- Newspaper clippings, Comics from Sunday’s paper
- Newspapers, Newspapers from home
- Paperback Books and Magazines
Use plenty of zip-loc type baggies to separate the items you’re mailing in the same package. If an item your sending breaks open, the zip-loc will help ensure no leaks and help protect the rest of the contents of your care package.
Pack all powders and liquids separately in your care package in zip-loc type storage bags.
When selecting food items to send, remember that in some locations the heat is intense. Choose carefully to avoid melted or gooey arrival.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND PERISHABLE ITEMS!
Can openers can be hard to come by. Choose flip-top lids on canned products when possible. Packing Tip: Do not ship toiletries with food items. Otherwise food items arrive tasting like deodorant and foot powder.
Gum can stick to the foil wrapper in hot weather. Choose gums that are packed in ‘blister packs’ for better shipping results.
Do not ship open packages of batteries. If sending battery-operated gadgets, remove the batteries prior to shipping.
Shipping on your own instructions:
Use the flat rate boxes as this is the cheapest way to send them. You can get supplies from the U.S. postal service at no charge. You need customs forms, custom envelopes, labels and flat rate boxes. Also use clear Postal tape to put on the boxes and pack everything in zip lock bags in case something bursts, or that rats, etc can’t smell the products. Food to be separate from personal products. Also assume an elephant will be handling it. Styrofoam peanuts are not allowed so use newspapers and other products to pack the boxes.
Address to ship to:
LCpl. McArthur David A
3/7 L Co.
FPO AP 96427-1590
Drop Boxes are available at all 3 McArthur’s Bakery Store Locations