One of the last figures I think I saw was that the Federal Government (public sector) has added 760,000 jobs in the past 18 months, and the private sector has shed 4,000,000 jobs! Something in that ball park. The new leaders of the free world declared that a stimulus of $787,000,000 (I mean $862,000,000) would keep unemployment below 8% and save our economy doomed by the policies of the prior administration!
(I’ve yet to see one example of the prior administration’s policies that caused that doom)
In the Declaration of Independence, one of the charges against the King of Britain states that:
“He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.”
Is it deja vu all over again?
Are we again living in the pre-Revolutionary times? Granted many of the Federal hires are working temporarily for the Census, but let’s take a quick look at some of the new Officers that will Harass our People and Eat Out of Our Substance if the Obama Administration gets its way:
- 16500 new IRS agents to make sure you get your new health care
- Overseers to make sure that the doctor doesn’t spend too much on his/her patients’ health care
- Regulators to ensure fees (taxes) on Carbon are collected in a timely manner
- Bureaucrats at the Federal Reserve to oversee the implementation of Financial Regulation Reform
- Administrator to make sure newly amnestied citizens get their portion of the welfare state
Yes, it is clear that the One is behaving in a fashion similar to that of the Crown in 1776 and sending his minions to “harrass our people, and eat out their substance.” America must throw off that government of the Progressive Liberal (no matter what the party) in the upcoming elections and once again enjoy the Freedoms given in our Founding.
Just look back to your Declaration of Independence for the same list of grievances we filed 234 years ago. Where’s the SEIU shop steward on that one?