It seems that there are two pretty distinct ‘divisions’ in the nation as we know it in 2011. We have the do-gooders… …and everyone else.
- The do-gooders tell you to reduce your intake of salt or they’ll have to get the government involved.
- The do-gooders tell you to increase the MPG in the car you make and sell or they’ll have to get the government involved.
- The do-gooders tell you to cut down on your fat intake or they’ll have to get the government involved.
- The do-gooders tell you to wear a seat belt or they’ll have to get the government involved.
- The do-gooders tell you to wear a helmet on your bicycle or motorcycle or we’ll have to get the government involved.
- The do-gooders tell you to stop smoking or we’ll have to get the government involved.
- The do-gooders tell you to eat fruits and vegetables or we’ll have to get the government involved.
- The do-gooders tell your restaurant and you what size your portions should be or we’ll have to get the government involved.
On and on and on the do-gooders find a perfectly legal activity, decide its wrong, and fight to impose their will and their values on you… …well except for killing babies, but I digress. Over and over, the do-gooders consult their experts and battle to compel changes on your life (liberty and freed0m).
Why? To what end are they trying to save you from salt, gas hogs, fat, unbuckled belts, head injuries, lung cancer, increased waistline, and portions so big it covers three meals? What motivates them? What us the underlying causal agent?
I think at least part of it is ‘Fear of Death’. I have no statistical evidence or study to back up this assertion; it is simply an observation based on the types of people who are the do-gooders vs. the rest of us.
It is my opinion that these do-gooders are left of center – some very far left! It is my opinion that in the portion of the populace so far left, you will find the most people who do not believe in God or do not have a firm belief in God and the after-life.
And, it is my hypothesis that the do-gooders fear a death (with no possibility of after-life) so much that they feel they need to save themselves and the citizenry from a certain early demise.
For the rest of us with a firm foundation in God and the after-life, we do not fear death. We do not rush toward death, but we do not fear it nor do we feel the need to take outlandish steps to hinder its approach.
My great uncle Manuel smoked for 30 years and ate a bacon sandwich for breakfast and lunch every day. He partook of alcohol, drove a gas delivery truck, got struck by lightning, and fished from a rickety john-boat. His wife died when he was 86, and he would have gladly gone with her. He lived to the ripe old age of 102 and died in 2004. Did he need the help of the do-gooders? No, he lived a wonderful life.
So, my caring do-gooders, please heed my advice. God watches over you and your soul is part of Him. He will take your soul back to be with him. Do not fear death; welcome it at its appropriate time. God created skinny and fat people. God created people to live happy and healthy and people who will be damaged and hurt.
Do-gooders, you cannot undo God’s Creation. I disagree that all Men were created Equal. We were Created by God with Equal Rights – not with equal abilities our outcomes. Instead of enforcing your fears on all of us, care for those that really do need your help.
Otherwise, leave us alone.