As expected, the Farm Bill was re-married with the Welfare/Food Stamp Bill and was an assault on the taxpayers, freedom, and the free market in general.
Sadly, the conservative position as well un-represented by the Missouri Republican Coalition with all Republicans voting for the bill:
It’s disappointing, as I look at the current scorecard for Missouri (a bit differently than most), I see that:
- Billy Long votes against conservative positions 18% of the time
- Jason Smith 24% of the time
- Ann Wagner 31% of the time
- Vicky Hartzler 32% of the time
- Sam Graves 33% of the time
- Blaine Luetkemeyer 37% of the time
- Senator Blunt votes against conservative positions 43% (almost half) of the time
Notice how often the Missouri Democrats vote with the other side of the aisle – lock – stock – barrel:
- William Lacy Clay votes against liberal positions 16% of the time
- Emanuel Cleaver 10% of the time
- Clair McCaskill 6% of the time
Some middle-of-the-roader Clair is… …but the point to note is that when our “conservative” representatives go across the aisle… …this country continues to move to the left… …toward tyranny.