Received via e-mail:
1) Only in the New America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country’s Constitution be thought of as “extremists.”
2) Only in the New America could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when we have a black President, a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is black while 12% of the population is black.
3) Only in the New America could we have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee, BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
4) Only in the New America can we have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
5) Only in the New America would we make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just become American citizens.
6) Only in the New America could rich politicians talk about the greed of the rich job creators at a $25,000 a plate campaign fund raising event.
7) Only in the New America could you need to present a driver’s license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
8) Only in the New America could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
9) Only in the New America could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a trillion dollars more than it has per year for total spending of $7 million PER MINUTE … and complain that it doesn’t have nearly enough money.
10) Only in the New America could the rich folks who pay 86% of all income taxes be accused of not paying their “fair share” by the increasing percentage of people (47%) who pay NO income taxes at all.